Our clients come to us for a variety of reasons. Many come to us because they have specific financial questions such as:
- Am I on track to retire when I would like?
- Am I investing my savings appropriately to meet my long and short term goals?
- How can I best balance my current spending with my future needs?
- What type of home can I afford?
- Am I saving enough to retire one day?
- How do we merge our finances now that we are married?
- How does our plan need to evolve now that we’re ready to have children?
- Am I saving properly for my child’s education?
- Can my family afford to have a stay-at-home parent?
- Can I afford to make a career change?
- As a retiree, how can I maximize my lifestyle without jeopardizing my long-term needs?
- Is my family protected if something should happen to me?
Some want to make sure that the various financial aspects of their lives fit together, and that they are not overlooking anything. Others have done an excellent job of managing their finances and just want an objective “second set of eyes”, or want to make sure their spouse understands their financial situation and would have someone to turn to in the event of death or disability.
While every situation is unique, here are some of the kinds of folks that we serve:
Families and Individuals
Emerick Financial Planning truly does seek to serve people from all walks of life. Whether you are single or married, have children at home or an empty nest, just starting out in life or well into retirement, we can provide financial and investment advice relevant to your situation. Our flexible, fee-only planning approach can handle almost anyone’s financial advisory needs.
People who own and operate their own small businesses are often overlooked and underserved by traditional financial services firms. We understand that you may have most of your resources devoted to your business, but may need help in evaluating retirement plans, developing exit strategies, or thinking through how you will pass on your estate. Because we do not have investment minimums, we can help small business owners obtain the thorough, objective financial advice they need.
Professionals and Executives
We are well-versed in working with busy professionals and executives to leverage their time to provide them with a thorough, broad-based financial plan. Let us help you sort through your retirement plan options, workplace benefits, exit and tax situation as we seek to help you make the most of what you earn through your hard work.
Retirees and Pre-retirees
Whether you have retirement on your horizon or have already reached it, we can help you feel confident about living your post-employment years to the fullest. Making the transition from having a regular paycheck to living off your fixed income and investments can be overwhelming, so let us help. While no one can be certain about investment returns, inflation, or longevity, we have the tools and experience to help you put these thing in context and understand the potential effect that they may have on your retirement lifestyle.